View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Is this normal:

Private memory usage:1425060
Rss memory usage:1432816
Shared memory usage:7756
Swap memory usage:876320
Pss memory usage:1864591

Working on the epub on and off for a couple of days.
(Sigil 0.9.13)
No idea. Are those cumulative numbers? Is that the total amount of memory that's been used by Sigil over a period of days? If so, then it certainly doesn't look abnormal to me.

There is no across-the-board "normal" when it comes to memory/swap usage. Depends on your hardware, your distro (the version of your distro), the choices you made when when setting up your O.S. (the choices your distro gave you when you set up your O.S.) and countless other things.

What I DO know is there have been a countless number of small memory-leaks plugged, several patches to Qt/QtWebkit itself to fix leaks, heap-corruption and general UI flakiness, and a ton of things other things done to reduce Sigil's memory foot-print altogether in 0.9.13. Sigil itself is as lean as it has been in a very long time thanks to to Kevin's tireless work.

The question should be "how is Sigil performing?" not "what do these numbers show?" And also ... why on earth do people leave epubs open in Sigil for DAYS?!?!

I do a lot of Sigil debugging, but if someone finds a bug that only seems to manifest after cumulative days of Sigil uptime/usage, then I'm probably not going to be able to replicate it (let alone fix it). What do people have against saving and closing, anyway?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote