Thread: Travel Reading
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Travel Reading

Oh drat. Posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.

I'm planning an overland train journey, a couple of boats will also be involved on a river or two. I need four weeks worth of reading to cover the following countries, some will or can be non fiction but I would like them to be somewhat relevant to the countries and towns i see.
Starting in France, then.

Germany
Poland
Georgia
Russia
China
North and South Korea
Thailand
Myanmar
Possibly Laos or Cambodia
Then a week in Thailand with the family before flying home from Bangkok

So far I have

Round the world in eighty days
Anna Karenina
Please don't suggest War and Peace. No way could I plod through that again.
Burmese days and Shooting an Elephant
Probably something by Kipling

So, what else should i have on the Kindle?

Last edited by piperclassique; 03-25-2017 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I'm daft
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote