View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by heulwen.jones View Post
Oh Hitch I feel like such an idiot! This is exactly what the issue was - the fonts look fine if I switch to Voyage view!! So sorry to waste your time. I had a lot of experience with ebooks about 12 months ago but have not done much in last 12 months so completely forgot about this and in the rush before xmas I was only checking in the "fire view".

I've just linked here to same/main discussion you had going with my collegue about this on Amazon KDP site:
https://kdp.amazon.com/community/thr...8185􎣙
Pol:

Don't be silly! Listen, we do this ALL. DAY. LONG, and it tooks us...hell, I don't know how long it took us to weasel out that duh, the Fire emulation would NOT show up as having the embedded font, IF we did the coding the way that Amazon asks for, the body tag bit. And you know what? In the middle of the Jólabókaflóö, losing your mind is absolutely NORMAL.

Hell, do you know how many times I'll pick up a book, (speaking metaphorically, here), on Previewer, in Fire mode, and tell the bookmaker that the font's not working? STILL? Sheesh. The bookmaker has to call it to my attention ("...look at the Voyage, boss.")

I'm just glad that it's bloody SOLVED. You can stop getting ulcers. Hell, if anyone should be embarrassed, it's Stupid me--I should have thought to ask about this, and it took one of my guys saying 'uh, Hitch, you DID remember to say..." and I was really mortified, that I'd forgotten, completely, to ask. (There you go, those old sayings from mom, about assumptions...)

You're all set!! Remember: Voyage View Is Your Friend. {SMILE}

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote