View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #59
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I was also looking at the discussion about bytes in the first sector of the drive changing.
What the Kobo exports is already the partition so the PC doesn't see a partition table, just the partition itself that has the filesystem on it, and the modified bytes are the first sector of that.

Since most USB devices are partitioned after all, I wanted to change it so it would export with a partition table (with one partition pointing at the FAT32 partition) and see if that helped somehow. But so far noone volunteered for the experiment.

Ah, maybe I should install Windows 10 in a VM somehow and see if I can test it myself after all. Then again I don't care quite THAT much about windows problems

* If you're using Windows to format the Kobo, you must be careful not to create a partition along with it as the device is not supposed to have partitions. Filesystem must be directly on the device itself, no indirections. If you do it wrong the Kobo will factory-reset the hell out of it.

Last edited by frostschutz; 08-05-2016 at 03:45 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote