View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone else reformatted a Kobo and had it wok with the Win 10AU?
I tried that a few builds back. I used Disk Management to create a partition in what it was seeing as unallocated space and formatted it as FAT32. Windows then saw the partition but wanted to format it again. After the second format, I restored the directories/files I'd backed up. This worked for about 2 weeks and then crapped out again. I haven't tried it with the Anniversary release to see if it continues working.

I was also looking at the discussion about bytes in the first sector of the drive changing. As near as I remember the layout of the MBR, the bytes being modified are the last 4 bytes of the 3rd partition entry and the first byte of the 4th partition entry. The last 4 bytes are, AFAIR, the number of sectors in the partition while the first byte is the status of the partition so we are mucking with the size of the third partition and the type of the 4th. Makes me wonder if Microsoft is now doing more error checking and seeing that modified MBR as being invalid.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-05-2016 at 03:19 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote