View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #533
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyg View Post
Fair enough. I will have to look a little deeper into what the jailbreak was actually for! As you said I called up Amazon CS and they removed them in about two seconds. I didn't mean to take the original post off topic.

Cheers
Our packages here use the built-in installation features of the Amazon firmware.

That firmware **reguires** packages to cryptographically signed.
The "Device Jailbreak" installs a Mobile Read developer's certificate to the ones that come with the Amazon firmware.

Depending on the device and the version of the "Device Jailbreak", its installation also does some other helpful file installs.
For instance, the current device jailbreak for the Kpw has gotten fairly complex (because Kpw's are hard to de-brick).

But the real "key" (no pun intended) is the addition of that certificate that allows our packages to be installed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote