View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Wait, you're offended...
Wait, is that why they spider sites? For the preservation of information? How altruistic of them.

Wait, are we supposed to have a serious conversation with sentences that begin with a sarcastic flair?

I've been a web developer since there was a web, a CompuServe sysop before that, a BBS hacker and coder before that, and an application developer before THAT. Of course I've heard of robots.txt. Intellectual property is not an "opt-in" right (or opt-out, depending on how you view it).

My copyrighted work is mine to control, not only the method of distribution, but the use to which it is put. When Google caches my entire site, then serves up complete pages via their "view cached image link", uses my content to fuel their advertising engine, or when they take images out of my pages to serve up separately via images.google.com - they are violating my copyrights and have stolen my intellectual property, and my copyright is NOT invalidated because I don't have a robots.txt file. Or even if I do - again, that has nothing to do with my rights.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote