View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #21337
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Today's rant is book reviews. Sure, we've all read terrible reviews that worry about formatting over story or didn't like the price one paid. I appreciate the warnings on quality of editing, but they don't warrant trashing the entire book. What I really want to rant about today is those reviews where what you read doesn't add up to the stars. On GoodReads you can rate things from 1 I didn't like it to 2 it was okay to 3 I liked it to 4 I really liked it to 5 it was amazing. So I look at a reivew for a book that says 2 stars and I think it's just not a worthwhile read. Then I read bits like "I didn't expect to like it" and I think so why did you pick it up if you had a preconception of suckage? Then I read that it has a lot going stylistically and puts the fun in dysfunctional. 2 stars? I just put it on my want to read list.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote