View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
Tried all resets I could find here (30 secs power slide, holding enter, holding home and the Volume- thingy), for a second it wanted to install a USB memory driver but failed.
Same instructions as for K4/K5, but different "magic key". Plug in USB so you can see the power LED. Hold power button until LED Turns OFF. Press Vol- while holding power button. Release power button. It should now be in USB Downloader mode (different VID/PID than K4/K5 though)...

Because the K3 power button slides over the LED, making it hard to see, it helps to back off the slider position just enough to see part of the LED, while still maintaining the "pressed" condition. And of course, do not cover the LED with your finger while holding the power button. If you cannot see the LED, then just hold it for 30 seconds instead, before pressing Vol-.

I just tried this on my laptop that I have with me, and the driver also failed to load. It worked on my host PC with a VirtualBox XP VM. I do not remember needing to install any special drivers. Device Manager is showing it as "SE Blank RINGO", which is the Windows Device Description for K3 USB Downloader mode (Linux often uses different names for USB devices). Device Manager shows the Hardware Ids as VID/PID 15A2/0030.

As I recall, my host PC already had libusb installed when I tried this back before publishing my "Select Boot" thread. Does K3 USB Downloader mode need libusb-win32? Or... where are the drivers for it? Perhaps at the Freescale website. I will look when I have time...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-03-2012 at 03:08 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote