View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
Wow! I didn't know the Ring series was so involved.
One question - am I right that out of the American versions of the movies (Ring and Ring 2), only the first is represented in the books? That was a tortured sentence - I guess what I'm asking is, for someone who's watched both American movies, where would you recommend starting? Probably at the beginning of the series?

I confess that your description of book 3 intrigued me the most. How the author changes from horror to SF is something I'm drying to find out . In any case, thanks for the reviews!

The Ring is pretty involved, but you CAN read book 2 with out reading book 1, as they pretty much sum up the whole book within the story. I know the book got some negative reviews because of this.

Ring 2 has NOTHING to do with Spiral from the description that I see on imdb.com, it's a whole other thing. In fact Ring 1 movie has only little to do with the book IIRC.

The best way I can describe the whole series is as if a camera is zooming out. You get Ring 1, camera pulls back, you get the effects of that book in a broader sense in Spiral, then it goes even further out, and you get Loop.

Loop is just an odd book. It makes you think....and is compared to a certain movie that I will not name, and people say its a ripoff of that movie....but the book was published before it came out LOL, soooo....yeah.

The science behind it is pretty cool, and there is a lot of facts being thrown about, but these are pretty quick reads, I finished one of these in about the time it would take you to watch one of the LOTR extended movies.

Seabound: No worries! I try to keep things as spoiler free as possible without just recapping the jacket LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote