View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #31
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
We are now at Dec 22nd and the app store is likely going to stop accepting new submissions for the holidays very soon.

My personal take is that no fix by the end of the year pretty much destroys any trust that I have in CC, and it's time to start looking for alternatives. The current version is broken and each time I transfer new books from Calibre to CC, I expect CC to crash and force me to re-install it. I simply don't want to keep working like that. I really wish there was a way to install the old app since that at least worked reliably.

Prior to CC coming out, I used Marvin to manage my ebook collection. It wasn't as convenient or robust as the prior CC, but at least it worked and I had ways to do most of what I wanted to do.

As a software developer, I'm fairly understanding of software development issues. Stuff happens. However, I also understand that after a point, if things haven't been fixed, it implies that it's pretty likely that troubles will keep happening. The whole changing of the guard was announced in July and the current version appeared in the app store 3 months ago. Three months is plenty of time to fix bugs and put out a working version, if the developers actually know what they are doing.

Last edited by pwalker8; 12-22-2019 at 03:18 PM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote