View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #11
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I haven't had any significant problems with the Sony Reader Library or with PDFs on my reader once I figured them out. After working with it, there are many tips that make it much easier to work with and that might help you:

- I only sync collections to my ereader rather than my entire library. Some collections are designated to sync to my ereader's memory and others to a memory card. This makes it easy to control the books I want on my reader. Just drop it into the appropriate collection(s) and it will be loaded when I next sync my reader. In turn, to remove a book from my ereader I just delete it from the collections it's in (while leaving it in my library) and then sync my ereader.

- I do all of my ebook management off-line (meaning without my ereader connected to my computer). It's only when I'm finished arranging my ebooks (adding books to the library, adding and removing them from collections, and sorting my collections) that I connect my ereader to my computer and let it completely sync. When it's finished I eject it from the computer. When done this way, everything that I want is loaded perfectly on my ereader.

- When it comes to PDFs I've had great success with them as long as they are formatted for the size of my ereader's screen. When that is the case they are look great and due to this PDF is my format of choice for my reader for the ebooks I create. However, like others have mentioned its a whole different situation when the PDF is not formatted for my ereader screen. Even though reflow is available on my reader, I dislike the results.

I hope the above helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote