View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Blue Ion
Blue Ion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hanlin v5 LBook firmware fully in english?

I recently bought an Astak Pocket Pro and so far I'm quite happy with it. Only the firmware is somewhat limited in some regards, like zooming, some annoyances with txt files, etc...

Since I love to tinker I've tried the firmwares from Astak, Bebook, Papyre and LBook and so far the LBook one is fairly better than the rest.

It seems to use the latest stock firmware from Jinke and has many little tweaks that are pleasing like the redesigned menus including more information better placed instead of the stock one.

However, the most impressive part is the txt module, that includes a word searcher, probably an editor, 10 levels of zoom, guide and several other features that I wont't understand because it in Russian.
In the options there is a Russian_enUS, but it doesn't do anything changing it to either English or Spanish so it is either some kind of corrector, or predictive text thingy, or it is the actual language that doesn't seem to work.

Blindly navigating I found and about page that says it uses CoolReader 3.0.18.

If there is no way to change it I'll probably go to the Astak firmware (since it is the best after the other two) because I also lose rotation and other stuff (which is probably there but in russian).

Oh well, lets hope OpenInkpot releases a firmware for these deveices.
Thanks for the help.
Blue Ion is offline   Reply With Quote