View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #137
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Forgive me if this point has already been made, but this caught my eye in the NYT story about the DX:

"Amazon also said that three newspapers, The New York Times, The Boston Globe and The Washington Post, would begin offering devices this summer at a reduced price to subscribers who sign up for long-term subscriptions. But few details were available, and both Amazon and the newspapers described it as a pilot program."

$489 is a lot, even though it is less than the current competition. But if the NYT and others subsidize the purchase price for a subscription, the cost could be significantly lower. $10 a month to get the NYT and the DX for $ ____? Might make it worthwhile, and affordable for me. That's the point of these papers signing on isn't it, win win? I have no idea what I say here but couldn't this sell a whole hell of a lot Kindle DX's?

Last edited by galavanter; 05-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote