View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #29
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I don't know about a simple conversion getting rid of the barcodes, but if you stripped out all graphics I would think that would do it. Not all that difficult or time consuming
The strings can of course just be zapped by a search and replace option where the "replace" is left blank. This could be generalized by using a regular expression.

I'm sure there's also a possibility to get rid of "images within images" (see "Steganography" on Wikipedia) once it's known how the images are hidden. Then a script (possibly for ImageMagick) could do the trick. As of now, I haven't researched this, however.

After this, it would be possible to automatically remove DRM from the book if you combine the methods above with a library that can explode and then implode an EPUB. Calibre obviously has the capability already.

I feel an additional plugin is coming for inclusion into Alf's tools...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote