View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
v.4.0 | Update 28 Oct 2012

I’m sure you have all been waiting for something like this: more transcriptions of fragments from Finnegans Wake, published in American and French magazines in the 1920s. One comes from the robotwisdom website, for the other two I transcribed the originals’ scans on Gallica.

I am working on another update with early drafts of chapters from Ulysses and Finnegans Wake, including the earliest written vignettes which would later be incorporated into the Wake, and were—according to Danis Rose, at least—planned as a short story collection called “Finn’s Hotel” (improbable but intriguing).

Also, for those millions of people who enthusiastically compare preliminary texts with finished ones, there will be a special single-volume edition of Finnegans Wake soon, with an appendix of some FW chapters in which all the alterations are marked in the text itself.

And here’s my all-time-favourite note to contributors by transition’s editor Eugene Jolas: “Read transition before submitting manuscripts. We welcome new work but not the kind that might be accepted elsewhere. Imitations of James Joyce and Gertrude Stein are automatically rejected.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote