View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #14344
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool TBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm popping in after a beautifully quiet afternoon on the patio during which I was able to enjoy a classic cozy mystery, The Window at the White Cat by Mary Roberts Rinehart (also available in MobileRead's Patricia Clark Memorial Library).

I enjoy reading about the differences in how things are handled from that era to this one. The whole surface politeness would be alien to many today, although I believe the political corruption and all-boys' club aspect hasn't changed over time.

It was worth putting off my laundry and cleaning to read this, but now I have to catch up with what I put off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I really loved that book, as I did the author's Topper. I may do a rare re-read one day, or maybe just delve into something else by Thorne Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Finished up Diane Duane's Deep Wizardry which was a great story and just finished Charles Stross's Halting State. A very entertaining read.
Thanks to you all! I've just added The Window at the White Cat, Topper and Deep Wizardry to my TBR.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote