View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #220
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Umm... verbal permission doesn't count. I did not record the conversation. Although their recorded messages suggest that they did indeed record it, I doubt they would provide that recording to me so that I could challenge their takedown notice (should such an event ever occur).

As they say around here, "verbal agreements are as good as the paper they are written on"...

That is why I requested written permission to back up their verbal permission.

I really doubt that my claiming that their tech said "should be fine" consititutes legal permission and stands any change of holding up in a court of law. I spent a significant amount of time studying constitutional law in past years, and my experience does not support your claim that my verbal permission is "good enough" in the USA. For my own personal comfort, I like things written down on paper with no "weasel-word" legalese.

Nit-Pick:

"Good Enough" to avoid monitary damages - they can't show melicious intent;
Not "Good Enough" to defeat a Take Down Notice.

You like it better if I spell it out?
Like who cares (outside of a court of law) - this is a hobbiest forum, not a legal forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote