View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #55
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
We have four fully nominated books so far! One more fully nominated book will put us at five. There's a few more hours left to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
I have a question, however. Based on what Sun Sufer said about not setting a precedent by recinding a nomination, it would seem to be that "Bardo Thopal" not be recinded and replaced with "Montaillou". Sun Surfer, I need your ruling here.
Thanks, Vandy. Mainly I think the change to that nomination is fine because taosaur had said in the nomination post that s/he'd prefer the other one but didn't realise it was eligible. Even so, it still wouldn't have been good to change if it had gotten a second, but it hadn't so I didn't see any harm since that situation was pretty unusual. Montaillou would've been nominated either way since taosaur has one nomination left; the change just seemed like the nice thing to do in case s/he wanted to use that last nomination on something else. The precedent I didn't want to set was for the more general reasons beppe wanted to rescind a nomination.

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule here - just for the most part, rescinding a nomination doesn't seem like a good idea unless the nomination turns out to be ineligible. I trust us all to rescind responsibly.

Last edited by sun surfer; 08-27-2011 at 12:13 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote