View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs down People who CAN use Kindle Collection Manager?

Ever since the 3.1 update for Kindle which was forced on me, I - and others - have found the wonderful KCM "broken."

I am just curious as to whether there ARE people who HAVE NOT jailbroken Kindle, who have 3.1 update and run XP on their computer - if relevant - find they STILL CAN use KCM and it works to put new books into existing collections and create new collections.

If relevant, by broken I mean that when I use KCM to either put a new book into an existing collection by moving it from left right or by creating a new collection and adding it and moving books into it or by deleting and OLD collection for which I have so many new books it's easier to make a new collection on pc on left side then move new collection to right, NONE OF THE NEW BOOKS ARE MOVED INTO COLLECTIONS. No matter what I do the books just show up on Kindle Home page and not in collection.

Additional FYI if needed: I have discussed problem and no one who HAS problem has solution.

To save others wasting their time (but thank you): NO, Calibre is not viable as it creates so many additional collections and even with plugin is, for me, so clunky to use, that it's not helpful. I also have not been happy trying to edit json file with kindelabra so that's no go as well.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote