View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes, the "bad" ones definitely look bad and the "fix" ones look much better. I am surprised as to why this happens as in older mobi 6 and mokbi 7 internally links are filepos info (file offsets) and in newer mobi8 they encode a base 32 file offset into a character based "id-like" equivalent. Both file offsets should be quite precise and not lead to what you are seeing.

Is it just moving in the wrong direction to get the exact link text? Are the "bad" and "fix" targets in any way close together?

That is very strange.

KevinH
I've spent some time comparing the "bad" and "fix" page-map.xml with each other, the part0*.xhtml, and assembledtext.dat files. I thought it would be easy to check a few of the references that don't match the pattern for the page number ids and see where they are compared to the actual page references. It turned out that I couldn't find any of them, so I guess that the bogus apnx files as delivered by amazon somehow cause kindleunpack to synthesize them.

I still think this is triggered by books with extensive footnotes but have lost some confidence in that. Still pretty sure bogus pagelist or page-map in the publisher supplied epub is the cause, but have no way to check.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote