View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
Hello!

I know this has been addressed many times on the forum, but I need to find a step by step guide to using two Calibre libraries. I have an existing (temp) library where I edit metadata and convert to epub. I have my Complete library, where I store stuff forever.

What I'd like to to is be able to import my Complete Library (or bits of it) without losing my Temp library for editing and such (I generally have about 300 books waiting in there to process) so I can search for specific book details. I see that there is a change/switch choice under the library button, but it seems as if that's a way to change the default library (which is NOT what I want to do). I just want to be able to browse 2,000 books in one folder in my complete library without having to import every single one into calibre on my HD (complete library is stored on a 16G flash drive).

Is there a way to do it which would not force me to have to reimport the books I'm currently working on when I'm done searching my Complete Library?

My apologies if this has been addressed to death.
Yes it probably has been addressed many times. The search here depends on good key words being attached to posts.

Switch to your Temp Library: Select books: Right-click: copy to Library (your choice to delete from Temp or not ):<main >
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote