View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
To be honest, I just can not see any format smaller than A4 work for publications - unless you can convince journals to give up on their formatting ideas. There will always be images and descriptions covering several columns, and I cant see how a program could sensibly re-flow or rescale them. As long as journals use A4 formats, any non-A4 reader is going to be unsuitable to give an uncomplicated reading experience. From what several people say about the kindle DX, its just too small for small text.

That said, Sony seems to be on to something: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213019 - a 13,3" flexible eink slate. It has been field tested at Japanese universities, and I would love to see Sony put some serious effort into the software. But the hardware exists...

For what it is worth, I think I could do without colour and videos. But might just be that these are not essential in my field of work. I would even go so far as to say that as long as the device displays PDFs reliably, I am willing to do all the note taking on an old fashioned notebook.

Last edited by Pismire; 05-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote