View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
ah_ha
ah_ha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire Model D01400
How can i run python (standalone version? ) on my kindle fire?

Hello,

I'm enjoying learning python, and would like to be able to study and practice on the go, using my kindle fire reader. (wifi enabled).

Amazon does have an app, Qpython lite, but requires a live wifi connection to the internet to run. I'm looking for a simple python app, stand alone that i can run on my kindle, without an internet connection, just to practice while i learn. (Just a simple terminal, and text editor, and python? like ubuntu offers.)

I've tried downloading portable python, and couldnt' get it to run ('can't run in DOS mode?'), I've tried downloading ubuntu to my kindle and couldn't, and tried downloading the whole 2.7 python app, but couldn't get it to run.

I tried to root my kindle, but as I'm inexperienced in tech, i'm not sure if I was successful, and not sure how this helps (if I was successful.)

I have both windows 7 and ubuntu (dual boot) on my laptop, and can connect my kindle to the laptop via usb cable. I have "accept downloads from other applications" enabled on my kindle. On my kindle I have 'better terminal emulator pro' , ES file explorer, and droidedit.

Any help is appreciated, I'm willing to follow step by step instructions to get python running on my kindle. I will supply any other details required.

My kindle fire specs are : Model D01400
ah_ha is offline   Reply With Quote