View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #37
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post

For the sake of libraries, I wish this was commonly true. But the question is worded so that if you vaguely recall buying one book twenty years ago, that's a yes.

Personally, there are two authors I can think of whose other book or books I bought after library reading -- Alex Dryden and Nury Vittachi. In both cases, it was because the authors wrote books only published outside the US, and thus almost impossible to get through libraries. I don't think this, or other rare situations, are going to give publishers the warm fuzzies.
Well, that's anecdata.

Voracious readers of genre fiction and fiction series do this all the time. I can't speak as much for other readers. I really cannot even quantify the number of authors' books I have bought after discovering the author at the library--the number is too high.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote