Thread: Oasis newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Prime Day Oasis owner, finally! Was going to be a 2019 BF Oasis owner but Amazon and I didn't see eye to eye on the trade in process and I ended up cancelling.

In any case, excited to get started. First off, I got a blank screen after registration and restarted. Looks like it's updating now...

Second, I always have cases for my readers but I like to read sans cases. It worked fine for the Paperwhite but oh my goodness, the sleek Oasis isn't going to work. What are your tips to a better and more comfortable grip sans case? Commercial and DIY solutions welcomed.
I had real trouble with the coldness and slipperiness of the awful aluminium back too. I ended up getting this Skinomi skin: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WGQPCW3

That has, if anything, more grip than the old rubberized backs used to, and has seen minimal degradation over the last nearly-a-year of intensive use.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote