View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #60
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yes, that's the way it used to work.
There where some limited and less expensive plans, that's gone.

That's a serious bummer.
I'm on the token plan for Safari, think I've had it since 2007.

One thing about the tokens is that they go away after a period of time, if you don't use them. To download a whole book you usually need something like 20-30 tokens. I get 5 tokens a month so it takes a couple of months to accumulate enough tokens for a whole book.

You used to be able to download individual chapters, and those cost a couple of tokens per chapter.

I've also noticed that fewer and fewer books offer the option to buy with tokens, so it's currently a limited range of books you can get with the tokens.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote