View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
Do we know the order in which the files are processed? I would say alphabetically by file name, which is easy to check from the files that have already been processed. It should then be trivial to identify the next one in line and try again without it.

If that can help sort (pun intended) things out faster...
I'm a little embarrassed to say I have never done that experiment. So, I just did.

I have five books for testing with the same name except a digit on the end. They are identical except the title in calibre. When sent to the device, they have the same file name except for the number.

My test was to send these books to my Touch with at least a minute between them. The order I sent them was 3, 4, 5, 1, 2. The five books filled the mosaic after the disconnect, but as they have identical text for the first page, I had to look at the library in "Recent reads" order. This showed 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

That says the books were processed in alphabetical order on file name.

There needs to be another test using files in different directories. But, looking at the database, it appears that it is in path order.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote