View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I am pretty sure though that kindle is still more recognized in Canada. Regardless if I am using my Sony or my Kobo ereader, people still ask me how I like my kindle.
That's because "Kindle" has pretty much been genericized to mean "ebook reader", much like "Kleenex" is for facial tissues, or "Xerox" was for photocopy machines (took Xerox the better part of 20 years to stop that - and I'm betting they now regret it as I can't remember the last time I saw a Xerox product of any sort on the market :P), or "Polaroid" for the old self-developing photographs and cameras, or "Google" for Web searches, or "Velcro" for the hook-and-loop fasteners, etc., etc...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote