View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Bierce, Ambrose: The Collected Works of Ambrose Bierce - Volume 1. v1, 04 Sept 2008

This is part of a twelve-volume set of Ambrose Bierce’s Collected Works.

Unfortunately, I can only do two more volumes: Volume 2 and 8. The other volumes are not yet available on Gutenberg. If someone can locate a site with the missing volumes, then I’ll be happy to finish this Project.

Today, Ambrose Bierce is most famous for his often anthologized short story, “An Occurrence at Owl Creek,” which recounts through flashback the very last moment of a man’s life during the Civil War. It is a classic of American Literature.

Bierce was also active as a Journalist and Editor, and wrote in a variety of genres.

His stories are often extremely entertaining and satirical, which I hope this volume will show to the curious reader.

Let’s hope someone with a scanner will get those other volumes together so we here on MobileRead can have a complete set of the writings of this important writer.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote