View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 04:03 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by de Salier View Post
Got this comment from Kobo Support

They could not tell me if it was still possible to use calibre as it was outside their parameters
That's news to me. And inconsistent with my experience and the experience of plenty of other Kobo users. The last firmware version release for any Kobo device was in February. And nothing about the support changed then. Of course, Kobo doesn't officially support calibre for managing the books. But, they also don't do anything to stop it. They do support manually sideloading books or using ADE for books with DRM. Neither of these methods will look at the database on the device.

The Kobo desktop application can also be used to sync books from the Kobo store. This does access the database, though not necessarily in the same way that calibre does. You can try this and see if there are any errors. But, do not run calibre and the Kobo desktop at the same time if the device is connected.

A possibility is your anti-virus/malware. That might be blocking calibre from accessing the database properly. Or something else might be using it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote