View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by u238110 View Post
I just tried uploading a .mobi to my new Kobo (Kobo Aura (N514KUBKKEP, firmware 4.7.10.413)) and nothing happened in Calibre when I clicked Send to device. Calibre had prompted me to auto convert my ebook, but I declined. Calibre didn't tell me why it was giving me such a proposition or what format it would convert to, so why should I have?
The support for MOBI in Kobo's firmware is for the original format used by Mobipocket. The changes to the format from when Amazon purchased Mobipocket in 2005 to now can often cause strange looking pages to display. Calibre does a pretty decent job of converting MOBI to epub allowing you to avoid such issues as having every other word underlined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u238110 View Post
Since sending the ebook to my device did nothing, I tried Calibre's proposed auto convert and it was revealed that this feature was set to convert the ebook to .epub and this process successfully uploaded the ebook to my device.
If the driver did not have MOBI ticked off as a supported format, calibre will not send it to your Kobo without conversion.

Brains!! I need brains!! Return of the zombie thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-12-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: zombie thread comment added.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote