View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #24
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullit View Post
It all comes down to availability of the (e)readers

Do you think the iPhone would be this popular if it where not available everywhere?
Interesting point. I was in John Lewis (a well respected department store in the UK), and they had a display of the PRS-505 at what I would guess was a prime site (a major flow of people passing it). They had two separate devices out on display (in different colours), and a glass display case with, I would guess, about 50+ PRS-505's in it. There was also a partner (John Lewis term for assistant, but they really do mean partner), who was answering questions from a couple who were trying it out after having just given someone else a red PRS-505. There was at least another person waiting as well. Interestingly, the partner (for what I heard) really understood the PRS-505 and was answering honestly about it -- the couple decided to get one just as I left (most people seem really impressed with the readability of an e-ink display when they get to see one).

So at least the PRS-505 is becoming a lot more available and visible in the UK (i.e. as well as John Lewis, who featured it on the front cover of one of their gadget pamphlets, you have Waterstones and Sony Centres that I've see displays with them.)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote