View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:11 AM   #66
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Excellent points. There’s no comparison in flavour between real fruit and vegetables, and tasteless stuff, bred primarily not to bruise, which is picked too soon, entombed in plastic and shipped thousands of miles.

Despite my sympathy for the ‘eat local’ movement though, I’m pretty spoiled & hypocritical. I hate to start the day without coffee imported from South America and tropical bananas on cereal
And there is no comparison between the bacon you buy in the local IGA, and the bacon that I dry cure and hickory or applewood smoke from organically and sustainably raised Berkshire pigs from a farm about 75 km from here.

OTOH, I'll give you a pass on the coffee, assuming you choose fair-trade beans. The banana, however, you're going to have to give up. Every banana you have ever eaten, and just about the only bananas you can buy, anywhere in the world, are all the exact same variety, the Cavendish. The Cavendish is susceptible to the TR4 virus which is currently devastating banana crops pretty much everywhere. There just aren't going to be any bananas available fairly soon.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote