View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #12
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I wasn't aware Nickel or either reader had a way to create new user supplied text that could be made highlighted text. I thought you could only highlight existing text. Is this new, I haven't used Nickel in a vary long time.

Luck;
Ken
There is no such thing. The idea was to highlight individual words and then to append notes to those words (which would then show up in export and the annotations overview etc).
Basically you make an epub, with different sections (general notes, memorable quotes, general ideas, notes on research topic 1,2,3 etc and so forth and then put lists or something similar in these sections that just contains the words “Note 1”, “Note 2”, “Note 3”, “Note 4” etc.) Downside is of course that these types of notebook do actually “fill up” but this is still a little bit better than having nothing to write at all
This is btw something that is being sold as ebooks on the Kindle store
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote