View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 03:49 AM   #19
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I had my first AM band transistor radio -- it looked remarkably like the one in that ad, but I'm sure it wasn't a Motorola -- in the early 60s. Meanwhile, our 1959 Chevrolet station wagon still had a vacuum tube radio that had to "warm up" before it would play.

By the late 70s, or perhaps earlier, portable radios went to ICs (integrated circuits) instead of discrete transistors. I do still have a Sears brand AM/FM portable radio that I bought in 1975. It boasts of having 12 transistors, and it still works.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote