View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For my part, I may have taken back the nomination Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. I determined "literary" mainly by the reputation of the author and the fact that some of her other books have won literary awards including a Pulitzer Prize. However, on reading it I felt in the end that it was more historical fiction/drama.

This can often be a case of 20/20 hindsight as, for the most part, I don't nominate a book I've already read.

So is there something wrong with our process? Do we need to apply a more rigorous filter somehow? Perhaps have some kind of justification for nomination? Eg. this won the blah blah literary award, or this has been classified as "literary" by the following resources etc..

Must be difficult to apply such a scheme to non-fiction though I would think.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote