Old 07-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yup, you're confusing a few things.
When you use the "share text" button or the dictionary lookup you're opening other activities...
All activities have their own UI...
What you want needs an application that provides a service, not an activity. That service needs to be available for other activities...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Microsoft Translation Android app has an Api...
With that kind of services is possible to retrieve content and show it inside KOReader.
I see now. I'm not a programmer but I have a very basic knowledge of coding (that's how I change the fora's folder thing mentioned in my previous post )
Well, it was nice while it lasted. Nevertheless, I found that the offline google translator has the feature "tap to translate" where you highlight text in your app (koreader) then press copy and a bubble will appear on the right side of the screen to bring the offline translator as an overlay, so at least it will not need to switch to a different activity.

Another thing I found was that there is this app: Translate On Screen/Screen Translate that brings an overlay to any app and can use the offline google translator (no needed so far thanks to google translator "tap to translate" feature). There is also this other app that works as a dictionary and as a translator: U-Dictionary Oxford that also has the overlay display and can do offline translations.

That's all from me now, thanks for your help, really appreciated .
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote