View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 01:51 AM   #36
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just don't trust other people with picking my fresh produce, meat, seafood and bread. When I was young, I worked in a grocery store, and I can be extremely picky about those items. I saw an ad for Instacart (I think) that seemed to show they deliver food like uber delivers people. The ad made it sound like these people would be as finicky as I am about shopping for my groceries. Somehow, I do not believe this ad is the way it works in real life.
Apache
I didn't work in a grocery store, but I did work in a restaurant when I was a teenager. Your line about "these people would be as finicky as I am about shopping for my groceries" got me laughing about an experience I had.

One day in the restaurant our lettuce shipment did not come in. And that's a disaster at a restaurant known for it's giant salad bar. So I got sent over to the grocery store a block away to get some lettuce. There was this lady there carefully picking through the lettuce trying to find the perfect specimen. And I roll up with my shopping cart and proceed to grab every head of lettuce in sight and toss it into my cart (I did leave her two or three to continue picking through). So off I went to the checkout with my 50+ heads of lettuce. The lady followed me. I got checked out, and headed down the busy street sidewalk with my cart making for the restaurant down the way. I glanced back and there she was outside the store still looking at me. She was probably wondering what the heck she had just witnessed. Some kind of weirdo with a lettuce fetish stealing a shopping cart (I did bring it back later).

I still laugh about this 50 years later!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote