View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #74
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollik View Post
A few hours?

That might be my problem in the first place, then. I was expecting to be able to search after sideloading 3,000 books.

I will try again.

Thanks for the tip
If you are sideloading 3000 books all at once (), I can almost guarantee that your indexing will get "stuck" on one (corrupted book file).... the way to know is to do a search on a gibberish word. You will see a screen that will tell you if your Kindle is still indexing and how many...if that number doesn't change in a few minutes, it's stuck and you need to try to find which book it is stuck on, which is a REAL pain. I would recommend only loading 10-20 books at a time to make it easier to isolate if you have a problem. I sideloaded 200 books at once and then I had to delete them gradually until I found the corrupted one.

If you are still having problems, start a new thread in the Kindle forum rather than in this thread...this one is for 'links' people have found.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote