View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
BetterRed thank you for your explanation and for the thread link.

Starting to make lotsa sense now!!!

BTW have you ever used Database type programs to record book/music/film/whatever type info?

I've just started to use Citavi (free version) and am quite impressed for my needs.

But I'm wondering if you've ever tried any and your experiences.
I have Quod Libet for Music - its OK. But more often than not I just point 1by1 at the album folder I want to listen to and click play. Quod Libet is something I often look at and ask - do I really need this? One day the answer will be - nuh, and I will remove it.

I've had a quick look at Citavi last year, I thought it was a 'knowledge" manager rather than a 'media' manager. Anyway, it was too formal for my taste, dare I say too Germanic. I was also put off by the price should I grow out of 'Free'

But I'm intrigued - how would one use Citavi to manage a video library?

I'm still playing (struggling) with trying to use Calbre as my video manager.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote