View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Hitch. So your way overwrites what's there in the xml stuff? I can do that. But what if the xml stuff in the old epub is old? Maybe the epub check will tell me?
Now you're worrying me again. I mean...if you don't have current XML stuff, in what you're copying FROM, why would you be deleting the NEW head material in the NEW file, in the first place? (Am I confused, guys?)

Quote:
I'll do it your way from now on.
I'm not saying, "my way or the highway." I just mean that you need to develop more careful processes, for yourself. Ya know?

Quote:
But your way overwrites the xml coding at the top. Again, what if the xml coding in the new .epub doc is different than what was in the old epub? I'd be overwriting old code into the new .epub.
See above. If that's the case, then, hopefully, this current scenario won't happen, because you wouldn't be deleting the head material, would you? Would you??? No, right?

Quote:
Is that the same as "Add Existing Files" when you right click on a file? (I couldn't find "insert existing file.")
Yes, yes, so sorry. I should have looked to make sure that I'd said it correctly. But yup, do that. It's excellent practice, too.

Quote:
Thanks Hitch. I usually do good backing up. This was just kind of a perfect storm sort of thing.

I can do the unzip thing, but really your first suggestion (your way of copying and pasting) will save time as I can see what's in the files. As long as that works I think I'll do it that way.

I really appreciate the help.

It's an interesting kerfuffle. I wish we could recreate it so we could see it. Seriously, it would be valuable in troubleshooting.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote