View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
If you are talking about e-Ink devices, I d like to hear where are the lots of other great devices that hanlde PDFs better than the nook. I think only Kindle DX has the potential to handle PDFs better given the screen size being much bigger, and it is in the same line of thinking, many would consider the 9" ipad a viable option. I have tried four different 5" and 6" e-ink devices and as far as PDF is concerned (especially the scanned PDFs), they all suck.
Well, I didnt say there are 6" devices that handle PDFs perfectly. I said there are better choices out there than the Nook in this case. I am leaning towards Onyx Boox for example, cause it at least has landscape mode and margins removal ability. I havent tested Onyx (Bebook) though so I cant say with 100% assurance how good it is in PDFs but reviews says its pretty descent. You can also crop PDFs and put em in landscape mode but again...Nook does not have landscape mode either.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote