Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #268
ironflute
ironflute began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Hello

Long time reader, first time poster, etc

I am on the verge of throwing my damn Glo out of the window, was on the bus today and finished a book (Last Testament of Kings if anyone is interested, great book!) and went to open a new one and the Glo froze, forcing a paper clip reset. After repeated attempts at opening various Kobo and side-loaded books with the same result, I did a factory reset, had to update and re-download all my books over a 2G connection with my phone as a WiFi hotspot (took about an hour) and nothing has changed.

All the books I could open before now don't work, and only 2 Kobo books out of probably 8 I have on the device will actually open. The rest just hang on the library screen for 5 minutes then I get a blank white screen.

This firmware is a joke, and to make matters worse, I am moving house so my broadband has been disconnected this morning, so I can't even download an earlier firmware and just read my side-loaded books.

Anyone have any suggestions? short of sending the device back and having nothing to read until I get a replacement.

Thanks in advance.
I'm having the same problems. Right out of the box. I dump some books to the internal memory, eject it, it processes them, and when I go to page through the list of books, it locks. Sometimes it just stops responding, other times, the screen goes all glitchy. I have to use a needle to reset it.
I took the Glo back and got another one, thinking I just got a bad device. Nope. This other one does the same damned thing, over and over after each reset.
It's completely unusable. I have never, ever had something that was so utterly borked out-of-the-box.
The only way I can keep it from doing this is to load fewer than one page (5) worth of ebooks on it. Which is stupid. I bought this thing because of the memory expansion it has.
I'm emailing Kobo tomorrow to complain. This is inexcusable.

I just joined, so I'll go through this thread and whatever else I can find on the site tomorrow at work to look for a fix.
ironflute is offline   Reply With Quote