View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #851
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
What is the standard way to navigate in a .pdf document with the current version of the viewer?
I am usually using landscape orientation with some zooming. With an old version from several months ago I can press down the 5-way and then use the 5-way for scrolling. When the end of the page is reached I press "next page"(">" on KDXG) to jump to the beginning of the new page(I personally like Duokan's UI more - "<" and ">" for both scrolling and changing the pages - but the above method is OK too). With the new version, when the bottom of a page is reached using the 5-way, the "next page" button moves the view to the end(and not the beginning as it was in the old version) of the next page. There is also a "P" key with help string "toggle page-keys mode: viewport/page". But the "viewport" mode again doesn't seem to work for me - when the end of a page is reached it jumps to some point around the middle of the next page!? Also I am not sure if I did something wrong, but now I can't even scroll to the end of page with the fiveway - it only goes to a certain position and won't move beyond that point...
Is there more comprehensive help somewhere(not counting the source code ), that explains these things?
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote