View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
Oddly enough, grep doesn't appear to be present on my Vox. I presume it should be in /system/bin?

I downloaded busybox installer and used busybox grep instead.

Where might one get grep, since it would be easier to use it directly?

Keith
Not being an Android user (yet) have you looked at the BusyBox FAQ:
Quote:
Installing Busybox

If the Busybox executable is renamed to one of the commands it supports, it will act as that command automatically:
Code:
 ln -s busybox pwd
 ./pwd
This allows you to create a bunch of symlinks or hardlinks to the Busybox executable, add them to your $PATH, and let a single Busybox provide a standard set of command line tools. The --list option to busybox gives the list of supported commands in an easily scriptable form. (The --list-full option gives full paths, such as usr/sbin/test, to help create a Busybox-based root filesystem.)
Code:
 mkdir bbdir
 for i in $(busybox --list)
 do
   ln -s busybox bbdir/$i
 done
To launch Busybox's built in command shell with the $PATH giving access to just Busybox's built-in commands:
Code:
 PATH=$(pwd)/bbdir bbdir/sh
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote