View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #39
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ironically, it's a lot easier to get this book off the darknet
I'm not at all surprised. Heck, I'd have been mightily surprised if it hadn't been easier to get off the darknet.

For me, part of the whole ordeal was to find out just what hoops I'd have to jump through to buy a DRM'd e-book. The conclusion being that if that's what it takes, I'll stay with the likes of Project Gutenberg and BAEN if at all possible (and, now that I have an activated MS Reader, lit-files for easy unDRMability).

Not that I'm surprised by this conclusion, either...
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote