View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokind View Post
awesome pics all!

could someone please walk me though the specifics of resizing ... i have made a couple of 600x800 images save in png... and smaller than 64kb... but no go
i have lightroom and tried that... no go... i tried photoshop .. no go... i tried faststone... no go... i must be doing something stupid or just missing something blaringly obvious, but i just can't get it to work... or... perhaps i need to re-install the ss hack?
I do everything with MS Paint and sometimes Irfanview. If I bother converting to grayscale, I use Irfanview.

In MS Paint, I either use a blank 600 x 800 image and then paste into it, or open the image and change through Image>Attributes.

If the image is too large, you can shrink the % through Image>Stretch/Skew.

When the image is ready to go, just copy it over to F:\linkss\screensavers.

Here's the blank template, though if you get comfortable with resizing and manipulating attributes, it's not really necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Template White.PNG
Views:	503
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	66007  

Last edited by silasgreenback; 02-03-2011 at 11:33 PM.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote