View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #39
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Here's Canti v1.94 and CantiGUI v1.00

Note: If you want CantiGUI, you don't need to download Canti separately... it is already included in the archive.
Note 2: CantiGUI is brand new, so there is a good chance of bugs. If you experience any problems please let me know.

New to Canti v1.94:
-Goodbye @max_dpi
A Canti user pointed out to me that dpi does not effect image rendering on ereader devices.
Dpi relates directly to printing, but for a long time I thought there was a virtual correlation with screens as well. I no longer think so, so @max_dpi is now disabled by default.
I left it as an option in case you want to use it for printing.
-Despeckle
Uses the ImageMagick -despeckle feature.
The value represents how many times the despeckle algorithm should be run on an image (for exmaple, a value of 3 would result in the despeckle algorithm being run three times).
Note that if you enabled this feature and @auto_trim, the first despeckle operation will occur before trimming.
Acceptable values: 0 (to disable), an integer between 1 and 5 inclusive
Recommended value: If your scans aren't too noisy just leave this disabled (0). If you are going to use this feature, a low value (1) is recommended, otherwise the image can lose a lot of detail.
This is set up in the .properties file.
-Reorganized .properties file
Moved stuff around, added Advanced section.

New to CantiGUI v1.00:
-Initial release
This is the initial release of CantiGUI. There are no custom graphics included in the gui... at all. It looks ugly but should be functional.
When I get time later I will work on making the gui look good.
-Load/Save Jobs
This is a feature not available in the command line version of Canti. It allows you to save a job for future reprocessing.
A job is basically the state of the gui at the time of saving (so it includes things like parent_folder, title, etc.).
Previous jobs are displayed in a table with rows sorted by title.

Enjoy and let me know if CantiGUI works for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Canti_v1.94.zip (123.6 KB, 243 views)
File Type: zip CantiGUI_v1.00.zip (162.5 KB, 192 views)
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote