View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #32
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Although he's certainly in the right morally, from a legal perspective that's a very dubious claim. A copy of a public domain image is (generally speaking at least) itself in the public domain.
This presents me with a dilemma. As a courtesy to the gentleman who gave me permission to use the jpegs he's produced of the original PD engravings I've put on the title and copyright page of the book I'm producing something like 'Illustrations © Paul Lewis ...' I'll have to decide whether to take that off when the book is ready for upload. It shouldn't be hard to work out some wording which gives him credit for his hard work, but doesn't say something which is not true. I guess I'll replace the © with 'thanks to' or 'produced by'.

I'm not obsessional, I'm not...

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote